Friday, January 23, 2015

Bathroom budget makeover Before and After


It has been awhile since my last post but many things have improved at Kyandra so I'm hoping to share some before and after pics of our home in the near future.

If you have been a reader of Kyandra, you will remember how 'Country' she originally was but now she has a fresher style which I describe as French Provincial with a mix of eclectic modern and vintage pieces thrown in to give her some interest.

The bathrooms have been a challenge. Although completely functional there aesthetics have left a lot to be desired.

When selecting tiles during the original build I knew I would never tire of the gorgeous subway tile but I also thought I would love the pink and green floral border tile forever too.

The challenge was to update as cheaply a possible without ripping out the entire bathroom.

This is how I updated on a budget.

After:


Before:


Her bones weren't bad, she just needed a new lease of life !

After:


Before:


After:
Installed  new chrome tap-ware. Love, love , love.









After:




Due to cracked and leaking shower bases because of poor installation, it was necessary to replace the showers in both bathrooms... a cost we could have done without.

 Before:
During:

Sadly the subway in the  shower stall had to be ripped out too. So we replaced it with a
gorgeous tile that looks like Carrara marble.


I painted the previously gold luggage rack that we use to store towels matt black and installed a new chrome towel rail.




This bathroom is teeny tiny and serves as our main bathroom. It is functional and now more aesthetically pleasing and keeping with the colour and style I've come to love!

So what did we do?

Painted out the border tile with tile paint- $50
 Shower base and shower tile replaced due to leak (Tiles Beaumont Classic Carrara white) - $400
Tradesman for shower bases- $ 800
New chrome tap ware shower, bath and sink( Bunnings Mondello Maestro on special) - $220
New chrome towel rail ( Early Settler)- $ 100
Painted luggage rack - $15
Painted walls (Hog Bristle 1/4 strength)- $60
Chrome door handles (ebay) - $8

Total cost- $1653 although half of this was the cost of tradesmen due to the leak otherwise it would have been a cheap mini makeover.

I'm pleased with the results and can't believe what a difference painting out the tile border has had on the entire look. Still contemplating whether or not to paint the sink cabinet black?????

Have you completed a mini makeover?

Thanks for stopping by.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Everything looks so clean and fresh! I would love to make over our bathroom in a similar way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much easier than ripping everything out.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kym
    Lovely to see your blog back. I think your bathroom makeover is fabulous. Just goes to show you what a bit of imagination can do and you don't have to rip everything out and start again. I haven't posted for a while so it's about time I did .We've been busy renovating my son's house what a job.

    Kind Regards
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Wow would love to see some pics on your blog.

      Delete
  3. Love the makeover, it's always good to change and modernise things on a budget. Love seeing pics of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom looks amazing after the makeover! I'm not sure about painting the sink cabinet black, it would look great but maybe the whole bathroom will become a bit darker.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.. thanks for taking the time...I appreciate each and every one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails